With a background in Health Services Administration, Shadiah Zanta is a skilled Dental Hygienist and ardent advocate in ensuring quality individualized patient care. Ms. Zanta is extraordinarily committed to the welfare of others. Knowing how difficult it is for some individuals to even visit a dental office, like several of her family members, Ms. Zanta understands that her role is more than just a job. Her journey into the dental profession began when she was little. Her fascination with the smell, the sounds, and the gadgets in the dental office intrigued her to want to become a dental professional. Honing in on preventive measures, Ms. Zanta decided to focus her education in Dental Hygiene.
Currently, Ms. Zanta practices in all three of the Slim Dental locations (Rockefeller Center, Grand Central/Murray Hill, and York Avenue). At her leisure, the Brooklyn native enjoys taking walks, visiting museums, and binge-watching movies starring Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, and Robin Williams. She plans to continue her career practicing as a Dental Hygienist, serving as an Adjunct Clinical Professor in New York City College of Technology/CUNY’s Dental Hygiene program, and simultaneously earning a degree with a Doctorate in Dental Surgery.
Her greatest attribute is taking care of the details without losing sight of the larger picture. If it is not her persistence to deliver the best care she can give, her warm and winning personality will be sure to encourage a positive recall assessment!
- B.S. Health Services Administration – New York City College of Technology, CUNY, Summa Cum Laude (2017)
- Associate of Applied Science / Dental Hygiene – New York City College of Technology, CUNY, Honors (2015)
- High Achievement and Academic Excellence (2017)
- Dean’s List (2011-2017)
- General Clinical Proficiency Award by the Dental Hygienists’ Association (2015)
- Member of National Dental Hygiene Honor Society – Sigma Phi Alpha (2015)
- Outstanding Participate and Service to the Student American Dental Hygienists’ Association (2015)
- Recipient of the National Excellence in Leadership Award (2015)
- Recipient of the National Engaged Leader Award (2015)
- Academic Achievement and Success in Honors (2015)
- National Dental Hygiene Honor Society – Sigma Phi Alpha
- American Dental Hygienists Association